Dandelion Ridge Farm is excited to be joining the Farm to Frankfort Workplace Delivery Program through the Franklin County Farmers’ Market! This program allows employees of Frankfort area businesses to conveniently access fresh, local produce and other items from farmers’ market vendors. If your workplace is a member of the program, please check out Dandelion Ridge’s offerings—we’ll include one of our favorite recipes with each vegetable or herb purchase!
We all know that leafy greens are good for us, but not everyone is a fan. Greens sometimes have a reputation for being overcooked or bitter, but as Kevin demonstrated at the Franklin County Farmers’ Market last week, it’s all about how you cook and season them! He lightly sautéed dandelions, kale, and collards with onion and garlic, and seasoned them with allspice for some umami power. Even avowed greens-haters who reluctantly tried a sample had to admit that it was delicious!
Here is the recipe for your cooking pleasure, courtesy of Chef Kevin Archer:
Sautéed Mixed Greens
This makes 4 servings of melting-pot greens!
2. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
3. Add garlic and Quatre Epices.
4. Continue to sauté until onions become translucent.
5. Add greens and cook for a few minutes, just until they are soft. If using a mix of greens, start cooking collards first, as they have the longest cooking time, then add in kale, followed by dandelions last.
6. Sprinkle in sea salt. Mix well and remove from heat. Enjoy!